As both a domestic and international seller, we have extensive experience of dealing with couriers and the issues this can cause.
As such, we would kindly ask you to adhere to the following procedures regarding the delivery of any order you may place with us. Failure to do so could result in extra charges being made in order for fulfilment to be completed.
Conditions of Delivery
1) Please ensure that somebody with the sufficient authority and time is available to accept and sign for your goods during the agreed delivery window.
2) Please ensure that all potential recipients of the delivery are made aware of these procedures.
3) As couriers will not accept any claim for damage against a delivery that has a clean signature, all goods MUST be checked at the TIME OF DELIVERY. Under the terms of the contract we have with our couriers, they must allow you sufficient time to open up boxes or pallets in order to inspect the goods closely. If they refuse to do so, please sign for the consignment as damaged.
For the avoidance of doubt, no claim for transport damage can be made where a clean delivery signature has been provided.
By placing an order with us, you have indicated that you accept the terms of these procedures and that you or your appointed representative will be on hand to receive the shipment within the agreed delivery window. There will be no exemptions to this policy if a clean signature is provided by any other party.
Further notes on pallet deliveries
1) If the goods you are receiving are being shipped on a pallet, the courier will contact you to arrange a mutually convenient delivery day, (unless otherwise agreed). Please ensure that you point out ANY potential delivery issues, such as restricted access, at this time. Actions required to overcome delivery issues may be chargeable to you, particularly if only discovered on the day of delivery.
2) Pallet deliveries are to ‘kerbside’ only, (unless otherwise agreed). The pallet(s) will be removed from the delivery vehicle using a tail-lift and pallet forks (not suitable on gravel driveways) and placed in the first convenient, safe location. Driveway and drivers are not obliged to move the pallet any further into your property. Please contact us if you have requirements beyond this.
3) If a situation arises where you consent for delivery to be made without a signature, to an empty address for instance, it will not be possible for you to make any claims regarding transport damage.
Further notes on parcel deliveries
1) If the goods you are receiving are being shipped by parcel(s), you may receive a text or email from our courier with a potential time window for delivery. If you are unavailable to take delivery at any point during the specified time window, please follow the rescheduling instructions provided.
Further notes on deliveries fulfilled by Round Wood
1) Any driver delivering goods on one of Round Wood of Mayfield’s own vehicles will wait for the customer to check for damages.
2) The driver will supply two delivery notes which must be signed accordingly
3) Any claim for damages by the customer must be made at the time of delivery.
General delivery notes
1) Delivery dates and times proposed by Round Wood should be considered as best endeavour offers, not guarantees. Schedules are offered in good faith but may be subject to various factors, whether the delivery is being made using our own vehicles or courier network.
2) Round Wood of Mayfield will not be liable for any costs, including lost earnings, associated with a delivery schedule not being met for any reason, including transport and or stock issues.
3) As Round Wood of Mayfield understands that delivery shortfalls may not be immediately detected, Customers are given 24 hours to make a full inventory. If any discrepancies are noted, the customer must report these to Round Wood of Mayfield within this timeframe in order to be eligible for any compensation. Where requested, the customer must also supply photographs of the shipment, including all of its packaging.